Re: [Marbling] getting rid of blank areas between colors

  • Ellen Tresselt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2009
      Thank you, Iris for your response. I agree, acrylics do leave less
      white veining, but as you say, there is ALWAYS some. It is very
      hard for me to conceive of having none, but somehow Moth Marblers DO
      achieve this -- and you can see they are marbling on off-white
      paper. I wonder if anyone knows their secret? I did receive an
      excellent suggestion from Caryl Hancock she learned from Milena
      Hughes, to start by dropping the ground color first in one corner of
      the tank, putting successive drops inside the first until it has
      spread to cover the entire tray and then throwing down the other
      colors on top of it. I have always used whisk type brushes and have
      not perfected my technique to marble with eyedroppers, but I can
      always learn. And I think she just meant that you put down the just
      first color with a dropper. Will be marbling this weekend and plan
      to try it.

      Nelle