Re: Marbling Videos & DVD's

  • simonl332002
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009
      Thanks for this site, I have just ordered Peggys DVD, I see that she uses Golden paints, guess I will have to get some.

      Mary

      .--- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "D or Jer Guffey" <dguff@...> wrote:

      > There are two titles, which you can search for on the internet:
      >
      > http://www.pagesage.com/dvds/MMB84306.html will lead you to a site which sells Peggy Skycraft's DVD on marbling for $29.95 plus p&h
      >
      > Marbling Designs by Patty & Mimi Schleicher is out-of-print as a hard copy book, but they also did a VHS version of the book which is very helpful in actually seeing the patterns being made. You might try searching the internet for copies. The book won't really help a newbie to marbling as you would have to mastered applying color before attempting to manipulate the patterns, but the VHS is very helpful in actually seeing how it is done. See if interlibrary loan can get the VHS tape, it's worth a try.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > d. guffey

    • marysmarbling
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009
        I found a used copy of the Schleicher book in excellent condition through www.alibris.com.

        Also the marbling book by Diane Maurer-Mathison is very good. Diane does have a website: www.dianemaurer.com/books. Hope this helps.

        Mary Holland

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "D or Jer Guffey" <dguff@...> wrote:

        > There are two titles, which you can search for on the internet:
        >
        > http://www.pagesage.com/dvds/MMB84306.html will lead you to a site which sells Peggy Skycraft's DVD on marbling for $29.95 plus p&h
        >
        > Marbling Designs by Patty & Mimi Schleicher is out-of-print as a hard copy book, but they also did a VHS version of the book which is very helpful in actually seeing the patterns being made. You might try searching the internet for copies. The book won't really help a newbie to marbling as you would have to mastered applying color before attempting to manipulate the patterns, but the VHS is very helpful in actually seeing how it is done. See if interlibrary loan can get the VHS tape, it's worth a try.
        >
        > Hope this helps,
        >
        > d. guffey

      • simonl332002
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009
          I have checked out Schleicher's book from my Library here, and the other one, that I could find was out of print and they wanted 140.00 plus shipping. Little too pricy for me. Thanks for looking these up.

          Mary