Re: try try and try again

  • simonl332002
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9 10:12 AM
      Hi, I have been checking out the books at the library but didn't know they any tapes on it. I have watched the tapes on U-tube, they are a bit helpful, of course they don't give all the little details. Like you said mostly trial and error. Thanks.

      Mary

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9 5:40 PM
        There is no true formula... it's like asking for "the cookie recipe". many variations. Many depend on weather. You can never say 10 drops gall to one cup paint...what paint, how thick, thin, what size is used, what additives, how cold or hit is it, etc. How lovely if we could have one fool proof formula, you'd see thousands more marblers.

        I am beyond a slob. It's so funny if someone comes to work on a repair in the basement, where my studio is, I say SHUT THE DOOR!!! You're letting DUST in. They think I am totally insane. Mess, fine, but dreaded dust, leaves those darned little white specks all over the papers. I don't mind the dust itself, as long as it knows to stay on the floor. The more movement or people in the room, it kicks up the dust.

        There are as many different variations on how to marble as there are marblers. It is more science than art, or at least equally so. Find what works in your space and stick with it.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9 10:46 PM
          And there is one thing to keep in mind which happens to be the same for all paper decorating techniques: There is no all-purpose-item for anything. Give an original to five experienced paper decorators and you're sure to get at least five good copies, done in about seven ways. So forget about the magic formula.

          That's what's keeping us young, alert and flexible.

          Susanne Krause
          www.hamburgerbuntpapier.de