Ebru book published by the ministry of Culture Turkey

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
      Edited by Hikmet Barut,this book covers many topics related to Turkish marbling art by some authorities in the field.

      Though in Turkish and there may be an English version,the article written by Feridun Ozgoren deserves to be read -at least- by all Turkish Ebru enthusiasts.

      Although I browsed through the book ,I read Mr. Feridun's article in full and highly recommend it to all the Turkish members here,
      if they have not yet read it.

      Very enlightening indeed !

      simply marbleous.(Mr.Feridun's article,of course)

      cordially,
      oz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
        Hello Oz....can you (or Feridun) give us more info...how to get a copy, is there a website, to view it etc. I certainly would like to review it and maybe help sales via the Guild Of Bookworkers column I write.
        Edited by Hikmet Barut,this book covers many topics related to Turkish marbling art by some authorities in the field.

        Though in Turkish and there may be an English version,the article written by Feridun Ozgoren deserves to be read -at least- by all Turkish Ebru enthusiasts.

        Although I browsed through the book ,I read Mr. Feridun's article in full and highly recommend it to all the Turkish members here,
        if they have not yet read it.

        Very enlightening indeed !

        simply marbleous.(Mr.Feridun's article,of course)

        cordially,
        oz

      • mehmet sinan akdeniz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
          Hi Oz,

          Are you talking about Hikmet Barutcugil or the Hikmet is different then the one I know. I have a book of "The Dream of Water" by Hikmet Barutcugil. I bought this book 3 years ago in Istanbul. This book really AWSOME. I hope every member of this group who is really interested in EBRU can get this book.

          ISBN 975-93638-1-X

          I would like to get Feridun Ozgoren's book too but there is NO BOOK that I can see on the internet. Would you like to send some more information about his book

          Mehmet Sinan Akdeniz

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2009
            Dear Iris, greetings to all,
            This book was edited by Hikmet and published by the Ministry of Culture of
            Turkey in 2007.
            As far as I know there is not an English version of it.
            I understand it is difficult to find it but one can ask Hikmet
            (ebristan@ebristan,com) if he has extra copies to share.
            Thanks Oz for his comments.
            Best wishes,
            Feridun Ozgoren

            Hello Oz....can you (or Feridun) give us more info...how to get a copy, is
            there a website, to view it etc. I certainly would like to review it and
            maybe help sales via the Guild Of Bookworkers column I write.
            Iris Nevins
            www.marblingpaper.com<http://www.marblingpaper.com/
            <http://www.marblingpaper.com/> >