Looking for places to buy Boku-Undo Suminagashi inks inexpensively

  • Sally Canzoneri
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2009
      Hello all,

      I'm getting ready for summer camp where I will be teaching Japanese Paper
      Arts, including suminagashi. I've done this for a number of years and have
      managed to figure out ways to keep costs down -- except for the Boku-Undo
      suminagashi inks. Since my students are young kids, ink colors inevitably
      get mixed, etc.and I go through a fair amount of ink each year, even with
      frugal habits.

      I've googled & ebayed, but I have yet to find any source for the inks alone
      in larger bottles than in the kits, and I can't find the kits for less than
      about $14. (Even Nasco which offers lower prices for multiple purchases on
      other items does not do this for the Boku-Undo kit.)

      I assume that the inks are sold wholesale by somebody but I haven't found
      out who. Nor have I found anyone marketing a competing product. The whole
      situation smells like a potential antitrust suite to me. Meanwhile, I'm
      hoping someone on the list can help me out.

      Thanks very much,

      Sally Canzoneri

      --
      Sally.Canzoneri@...
      202-625-2124 (work-home)

    • T.Kuroda
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2009
        Hello,Sally Canzoneri
        I suggest you to contact Boku-undo directry,
        Mail address is info@...
        and their URL is www.boku-undo.co.jp.
        They have both Japanese version and English version.
        Takaji KURODA
        kuroda@...
         http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~kuroda/