Re: Marbling at the GPO

  • nihandemiralay
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2009
      Hi Jack,
      It was very interesting. Thanks.
      Nihan
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@...> wrote:

      > Move over, Martha Stewart!
      >
      > Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post's Federal Eye column featured a US
      Government Printing Office (GPO) employee yesterday as part of the "Eye
      On..." video profile series. GPO's Peter James describes his job hand
      binding and marbling special books for the White House and Congress, and
      he demonstrates his craft. There is a brief marbling demo too.

      http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_governme\
      nt_printing.html?hpid=artslot

      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2009
        Great video Jake! Interesting method. Acrylics would be best for book edge marbling, might be more durable. I am glad it's still being done.
        When I have done it, I have done a similar thing to dry the edges, just patted some paper towels to blot the edges. I really hate edge marbling for others, due to getting a higher percentage of mishaps than when marbling paper.

        Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post's Federal Eye column featured a US Government Printing Office (GPO) employee yesterday as part of the "Eye On..." video profile series. GPO's Peter James describes his job hand binding and marbling special books for the White House and Congress, and he demonstrates his craft. There is a brief marbling demo too.

        http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_government_printing.html?hpid=artslot<http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_government_printing.html?hpid=artslot>

        Jake Benson