Marbling at the GPO

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2009
      Move over, Martha Stewart!

      Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post's Federal Eye column featured a US Government Printing Office (GPO) employee yesterday as part of the "Eye On..." video profile series. GPO's Peter James describes his job hand binding and marbling special books for the White House and Congress, and he demonstrates his craft. There is a brief marbling demo too.

      http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_government_printing.html?hpid=artslot

      Jake Benson
    • nihandemiralay
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2009
        Hi Jack,
        It was very interesting. Thanks.
        Nihan

        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2009
          Great video Jake! Interesting method. Acrylics would be best for book edge marbling, might be more durable. I am glad it's still being done.
          When I have done it, I have done a similar thing to dry the edges, just patted some paper towels to blot the edges. I really hate edge marbling for others, due to getting a higher percentage of mishaps than when marbling paper.

          Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post's Federal Eye column featured a US Government Printing Office (GPO) employee yesterday as part of the "Eye On..." video profile series. GPO's Peter James describes his job hand binding and marbling special books for the White House and Congress, and he demonstrates his craft. There is a brief marbling demo too.

          http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_government_printing.html?hpid=artslot<http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/eye_on_the_government_printing.html?hpid=artslot>

          Jake Benson