Re: [Marbling] Re: Paint mixing techniques

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2009
      Dear Mary,

      Instead of mixing different brands you may want to try some of the mediums that Golden has available to get desired results.  Since I print on silk I use GAC 900 fabric medium starting with one part paint, one part medium and one part water.  GAC 800 will reduce crazeing on the surface of the bath by slowing the drying time of the paint solution.  Also if you have trouble with the paint getting little "pin holes" in the stones use GAC 100 to strengthen the film integrity of  the paint.  Flow Release is Golden's surfactant.

      Best of Luck,
      Laura Sims
      www.indigostonestudio.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2009
        Hi Laura,

        Thanks for all your suggestions. I went to your website and really love your textile work.
        I'll be sure to try the Golden products you suggested when I do my next marbling session.

        Thanks

        Mary