Re: [Marbling] FREE E BOOK ABOUT MARBLING ART

  • sundaram srikkanth
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi

      i have download the free book on Marbling. The Designs and the working are marvelous. can i get a copy of English  translation. i would like my daughter to work on marbling, i feel this book will be very helpful.

      I am from india  we have good source of caragreen and Methocel and off course there is availability of paper and pigments.

      Please advice and help

      srikkanth

      From: Oguzhan <uygur13@...>
      Subject: [Marbling] Dream of Water -Ebru exhibition in New York
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, 1 April, 2009, 10:00 PM

      When I read the title of the exhibition in Turkish News in New York,

      I thought it must be Hikmet because
      he has an Ebru book with the same title,
      but it turned out to be a Turkish lady who lives in the states.

      May be I have higher expectations from artists ,
      cause I kind of felt betrayed and misled
      from an already used title for the same art form.

      Usually the creativity of artists
      are not limited to their metier only,
      but also (wise)choice of words to highlight their work.

      The exhibition and (suplementary !) workshop was held and is probably
      still going on in the 1st floor of Turkish House,
      right across the United Nations building.

      www.turkishny. com is the link .

      What bugs me though ,is ,last year I schlepped a wonderful ebru collection by contemporary (architect) ebru artist Ibrahim Yigit
      for the Turkish Festival in Central Park but being windy ,
      I decided to leave the exhibition in custody of Turkish consulate
      in the same building (3rd floor) to be exhibited when the time and opportunity came by.(BUT THE BELL TOLLED OTHERWISE)

      My consolation hangs on the walls in the 8th floor of the same building : 3rd attempts of traditionally Turkish marbling Khotanese handmade mulberry bark papers after centuries of neglect.
      (in collaboration with Turkish marbler Hayrettin Yangoz)

      First attempt was with esteemed Tom Leech,second with esteemed Nelle Tresselt during and after Smithsonian' s Silk Road event.

      Although Turks have an almost disappearing craft of papermaking for the past 2000 years and have contributed greatly to the history of art of the book ,we do not see any examples of marbled work on traditionally made Turkish paper.

      I am sure we will catch up with those friends
      who have accomplished such feats,(over there in the USA)

      sipping our Starbucks brew coffee over Big Mac ....

      (both locations are in Sultanahmet area where a lot of Ebru
      is going on and Hikmet created most of his ideas in the neighbourhood

      The local trend to break records may stem from Jumbo burgers consumed

      By the way we have more than 70 different kind of (koftes) burger recipes in this country and locals stand line at McDonalds,

      why ? They came up with McKofte !

      As if we did not drink coffee for centuries
      in copper pots above charcoal fire....

      No,I do not think Starbucks can take that particular taste away,

      but it is spreading like mushrooms all over Turkey.

      To cut a long story short ,I hope the Turkish Consulate in New York,

      exhibit the Ebru work of Ibrahim Yigit in the Turkish House,

      and friends over there get a chance to enjoy the artwork of
      a contemporary Turkish marbler who has done more than his homework.

      I took your precious time again,

      cordially,

      oz

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2009
        Somehow I missed this the other day....thank you for your generous gift of this e-book online! It is spectacular and so much work went into it, it is a treasure and very inspiring. If you ever have an English translation, let us know. For now the images speak thousands of words!

        From: esins esin <esins1@...<mailto:esins1@...>>
        To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Friday, 3 April, 2009, 5:04 PM

        http://ismek.ibb.gov.tr/ismek-el-sanatlari-kurslari/webedition/File/ekitap/ebru/ismekebru.pdf<http://ismek.ibb.gov.tr/ismek-el-sanatlari-kurslari/webedition/File/ekitap/ebru/ismekebru.pdf>

        www.turkishny<http://www.turkishny/>. com is the link .

[...]

        Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/<http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/>

      • esins esin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2009
          Hi Irıs,

          If l find a english e book l will send you.

          Best wishes...

          Somehow I missed this the other day....thank you for your generous gift of this e-book online! It is spectacular and so much work went into it, it is a treasure and very inspiring. If you ever have an English translation, let us know. For now the images speak thousands of words!

          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper. com<http://www.marbling paper.com/>

          From: esins esin <esins1@yahoo. co.uk<mailto:esins1@yahoo. co.uk>>
          To: Marbling@yahoogroup s.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroup s.com>
          Date: Friday, 3 April, 2009, 5:04 PM

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2009
            Thank you!

            www.marblingpaper<http://www.marblingpaper/>. com<http://www.marbling<http://www.marbling/> paper.com/>

            From: esins esin <esins1@yahoo<mailto:esins1@yahoo>. co.uk<mailto:esins1@yahoo<mailto:esins1@yahoo>. co.uk>>
            To: Marbling@yahoogroup<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroup> s.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroup<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroup> s.com>
            Date: Friday, 3 April, 2009, 5:04 PM

            http://ismek<http://ismek/>. ibb.gov.tr/ ismek-el- sanatlari- kurslari/ webedition/ File/ekitap/ ebru/ismekebru. pdf<http://ismek<http://ismek/>. ibb.gov.tr/ ismek-el- sanatlari- kurslari/ webedition/ File/ekitap/ ebru/ismekebru. pdf>

            www.turkishny<http://www.turkishn<http://www.turkishny%3chttp//www.turkishn> y/>. com is the link .

[...]

          • John Ang
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2009
              Greetings,

              Appreciate if there is an English version, you could provide a link for the group.

              Thanks.
              John Ang

              > Hi Irıs,
              >
              > If l find a english e book l will send you.
              >
              > Best wishes...

            • Heidi Roukema

                From: esins esin <esins1@... <mailto:esins1%40yahoo.co.uk>
                <mailto:esins1@... <mailto:esins1%40yahoo.co.uk> >>