cockerell powdered dyes

  • Judy Geller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
      Hi,
      I have not yet done any marbling...but recently inherited a box of several colors of Cockerell Powdered dyes, but no instructions. Can anyone help me.

      I am a silk painter but want to try something new...would like to marble on fabric and then eventually on paper.
      Hope someone can help me.
      Thanks,
      Judy

    • creativewoman71
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2009
        Please, can anyone give me information (instructions) on how to use these dyes...I don't even know if they are to be used on paper , fabric or both.
        thanks,
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2009
          I never heard of Cockerell using dyes for marbling paper. Are you sure they are not pigments or some kind of dried paint you can add water too? Sometimes people call what is technically "paint" for marbling either inks or dyes.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2009
            Judy,
            Is there anything to indicate that they are cockerell?
            Might your dyes actually be Hewitt's powdered aniline leather dyes?
            They will not work for marbling.