Re: "The Dream of Water" by Bingul Sevimli

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 3:01 AM
      Dear Ms.Bingul,

      I APOLOGIZE .

      Since 2001 The Dream of Water as a book title and ebru book is in the market and beside Hikmet's book I have brought Fuat Baser,Sinan Gozen,Fuat Turkmenoglu's publications on Ebru every year to Turkish festivals in the USA to help promote Ebru to North American audience.

      I have travelled with Hikmet and other ebru artists to the USA to serve the same purpose.

      Although ,may be, it is not monopolized,the title makes me think of Hikmet right away since it was his idea and I have been promoting the book.

      Your work was not criticised !
      Only the title of the exhibition ,because it was used and
      it has its own shadow .

      If you feel comfortable with repeating a used title to crown your exhibition of creative works publicly,
      you are to receive compliments,flattery,congratulations,
      and some critics.

      I gave the link so people can find out about you,your name and your work,and be the judge themselves in appreciating your ideas and contribution to Ebru,from the interview and pictures of your work

      on the other hand since many members know (of) Hikmet and his works,
      I allowed myself an insider (among the group) critics (opinion) only on the already known title.(not your work )

      I am upset with the outcome of 2 year long preparation of an Ebru exhibition that is still sitting in the building where you had your exhibition which belongs to another honourable member of the Ebru community whose works we still think are worthy of attention
      and admiration in the name of promoting this noble art form.

      This is not referred to you but those in whose custody the
      Ibrahim Yigit ebru exhibition is,which coincidentially happens to be in the same building where yours was.

      AGAIN I PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE FROM YOU,

      and from the group.

      cordially
      oz