rikes and combs

  • nihandemiralay
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 9:08 AM
      Dear friends,
      I need to learn which is the best distance between the needles
      for a "bouquet comb". I'm working with a comb with 5cm. but I don't like the results very much. To be able to move ýt also there is a 5cm
      blank at the beginning and the end of the comb.

      My results look like parellel more than bouquet.
      Thanks
      Nihan
      "artnihan.com"
    • Antonio Vélez Celemín
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31 10:12 AM
        Any distance can serve, for example, your 5 centimeters. The first line of the comb will have a distance between his needles of 5 centimeters, until completing the size of your bath, except the last needle, that you must remove.

        You will place the second needles line in parallel at 2,5 centimeters distance (the middle of the separation between the needles) down the first one, and you will place every needle each 5 centimeters, just as the first line, but . the first needle of this second line must go 2,5 centimeters (again the middle) inside the projection of the first needle of the first line.

        It is necessary to form a rhombus between the needles of the two lines.

        And the distance that must be respected until the end of the bucketful is also the half, 2,5 centimeters, with this it's enough to make the movement in zigzag.

        But be careful, usually the distances will not be exact, you will have a half and probably a little more,(never less), and then when you pass the comb you must go just to the half, without going right and left the bucketful, if you do so this small roominess would deform your bouquet.

        You have to use the same procedure with other measures. For 4, take 2. For 3, 1,5 and so on.

        I hope that my English could be understood.

        Antonio

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31 11:20 AM
          Thank you very much  for your reply.