Cockerell video

  • Antonio Vélez Celemín
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWda1hLV8DU&feature=channel

      On youtube I've put a video I have from time ago showing a interview in the Cockerell worshop.

      It's very interesting but the audio is horrible.

      I would like to have the help of the group:

      If someone know who are the marblers on the film, Sydney passed away on 1987 and probably this video is make after, are these two persons the two men who took the busines?

      Someone know its names?

      And finally, does someone know if Cockerell papers are made actually? Talas from New York have them on his catalogue, but I'm not sure if the production goes on actually.

      Thank you for your help and enjoy the film.

      Antonio

    • keith223882
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
        Hi Antonio,

        The two people in the Cockerell marbling video are Marcus Fulcher and Peter Rodgers, they were both Cockerell apprentices and took over from Sydney Cockerell when he died in 1987. As far as I know they are still producing marbled papers in Cambridge UK. Incidentaly, I nearly went to work myself with Sydney Cockerell back in the 1960's when he was at Letchworth, UK . I still have in stock about 40 original Cockerell marbled papers from the late 1950's on hand-made paper and kraft paper. Very rare now and quite valuable. I only use these papers for very special bookbindings that I do from time to time.

        All the very best, Keith Houghton.

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Antonio Vélez Celemín <ANVECE@...> wrote:

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWda1hLV8DU&feature=channel
        >
        > On youtube I've put a video I have from time ago showing a interview in the Cockerell worshop.
        >
        > It's very interesting but the audio is horrible.
        >
        > I would like to have the help of the group:
        >
        > If someone know who are the marblers on the film, Sydney passed away on 1987 and probably this video is make after, are these two persons the two men who took the busines?
        >
        > Someone know its names?
        >
        > And finally, does someone know if Cockerell papers are made actually? Talas from New York have them on his catalogue, but I'm not sure if the production goes on actually.
        >
        > Thank you for your help and enjoy the film.
        >
        > Antonio

      • Antonio Vélez Celemín
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
          Thank you, Keith.

          Really this group is unvaluable.

          Thanks a lot.

          Antonio

          The two people in the Cockerell marbling video are Marcus Fulcher and Peter Rodgers, they were both Cockerell apprentices and took over from Sydney Cockerell when he died in 1987. As far as I know they are still producing marbled papers in Cambridge UK. Incidentaly, I nearly went to work myself with Sydney Cockerell back in the 1960's when he was at Letchworth, UK . I still have in stock about 40 original Cockerell marbled papers from the late 1950's on hand-made paper and kraft paper. Very rare now and quite valuable. I only use these papers for very special bookbindings that I do from time to time.

          All the very best, Keith Houghton.

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Antonio Vélez Celemín <ANVECE@...> wrote:

          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWda1hLV8DU&feature=channel
          >
          > On youtube I've put a video I have from time ago showing a interview in the Cockerell worshop.
          >
          > It's very interesting but the audio is horrible.
          >
          > I would like to have the help of the group:
          >
          > If someone know who are the marblers on the film, Sydney passed away on 1987 and probably this video is make after, are these two persons the two men who took the busines?
          >
          > Someone know its names?
          >
          > And finally, does someone know if Cockerell papers are made actually? Talas from New York have them on his catalogue, but I'm not sure if the production goes on actually.
          >
          > Thank you for your help and enjoy the film.
          >
          > Antonio

        • angchengsiew
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
            Dear Antonio,
            I know this tread is very old (2009).
            I was searching for the Cockerell marbling video and found this youtube
            link. Seems the video is set to private. Could you put this video to public. I would love to see Cockerell marbling in action. Thanks in advance.

            John Ang

          • carylhanc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
              Hi, John,
              I clicked on the youtube link, and it said that the video has been removed by the user...
              Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

              I was searching for the Cockerell marbling video and found this youtube
              link. Seems the video is set to private. Could you put this video to public. I would love to see Cockerell marbling in action. Thanks in advance.

              John Ang

              --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Antonio Vélez Celemín <ANVECE@...> >

              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWda1hLV8DU&feature=channel
              >
              > On youtube I've put a video I have from time ago showing a interview in the Cockerell worshop.

            • Antonio Velez Celemín
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
                John, I posted this video on my blog as well as on Youtube, but Peter
                Rogers wrote to me in 27/07/2009 telling that Binder Vision was the owner
                of the copyright of this video, I thought it was a polite way to say I
                shoud take out the video, and this was what I did. Last Agost I was in
                Warwick at the conference of the Society of Bookbinders and I saw a CD, a
                remastered copy of this video, being sold at 5 sterling pounds. I want to
                be respectful with everybody, even mostly if marbling is concerned, so I
                think I shouldn't show this video again. Excuse me.

                Antonio V�lez Celem�n

              • angchengsiew@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
                  Antonio,

                  Thanks for the reply. I saw the video when it was posted.

                  John Ang

                • fritzmiklaf@bezeqint.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
                    Antonio

                    Do you remember who was selling the video at Warwick? I was there but didn't
                    see it.

                    -Yehuda

                    Yehuda Miklaf

                    Jerusalem

                    <mailto:fritzmiklaf@...> fritzmiklaf@...

                    <http://www.yehudamiklaf.com/> www.yehudamiklaf.com

                  • Antonio Velez Celemín
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
                      Yehuda,

                      I saw some copies at the desk of the SOB in the suppliers' room, if you
                      contact with someone of the SOB organization I'm sure they will help you. A
                      pity to don't shake hands with you there, I wish to have another
                      opportunity, I didn't knew you were there. Have my best regards

                      Antonio