Sureyya -acyrlic paints and the burning of paper

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2009
      Dear Sureyya,

      I think the marbling group is interested in the burnt marbled paper
      through usage of acyrlic paints that you have previously mentioned.
      Could you supply more information on this topic.

      Sureyya kardeþ,

      daha önce bahsettiðiniz akrilik boyadan yanmýþ ebrulu kaðýtlar
      grupdaki bazý arkadaþlarýn yakýn ilgisini çekti.
      Lütfen bu konuda meraklýlarý aydýnlatýr mýsýnýz ?

      oðuzhan
    • süreyya uyan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2009
        http://www.geleneksel-ebru.com/
        You can see the examples from the( tradition ) part of this link about burning paper.Alpaslan Babaoğlu is one of the most important Traditional marbling artist in Turkey.
        > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        > From: uygur13@...
        > Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:15:13 +0000
        > Subject: [Marbling] Sureyya -acyrlic paints and the burning of paper
        >
        > Dear Sureyya,
        >
        > I think the marbling group is interested in the burnt marbled paper
        > through usage of acyrlic paints that you have previously mentioned.
        > Could you supply more information on this topic.
        >

        > Sureyya kardeþ,
        >
        > daha önce bahsettiðiniz akrilik boyadan yanmýþ ebrulu kaðýtlar
        > grupdaki bazý arkadaþlarýn yakýn ilgisini çekti.
        > Lütfen bu konuda meraklýlarý aydýnlatýr mýsýnýz ?
        >
        > oðuzhan

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2009
          It is basically just referencing about how acid dyes and pigments burn the paper and are completely unsuitable for use as paper marbling pigments. It mentions that it took a little while for the artists in the mid-20th century to discover this about non-acid-free pigments.