Re: [Marbling] Re: Paper survey, once again!

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
      Thanks Mollie!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: mollierushing<mailto:nebo2@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 3:53 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: Paper survey, once again!

      I just used Dick Blick's White Sulphite Drawing Paper with water
      colors and it worked beautifully. Both the 60lb and the 80lb.

      > Having some paper issues once again.... would like to survey... who
      is using what papers lately for watercolor marbling?

      > No need to mention old stock, but current paper. Something that
      holds color well and can be rinsed.

      > By the way, oddly enough, my old stock of Classic Linen from about
      three years back, that did not work, now works pretty well... so
      maybe it needs to sit for a few years. If you have any of that or any
      other paper you bought a ton of, give it another go.

      > For now, is anyone using a paper that works immediately? Something
      preferably sold by the carton, up to 2,000 sheets, 19 X 25, but am
      interested in any type, even from art stores.

      > thanks
      > Iris Nevins
      > www.marblingpaper.com<http://www.marblingpaper.com/<http://www.marblingpaper.com%3chttp//www.marblingpaper.com/>>

    • bingul sevimli
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
        Hello,
        we get our papers for marbling from Turkey. If you are interested we can send you a sample. let us know if you want a specific color like white,yellow,craft etc.

        Sincerely,

        Bingul Sevimli
        Art Teacher & Ebru Artist

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
          Hello �risnevins
          I think you can use a kind of paper which we called �AMUA.It is very soft and thin.According to me ,it is suitable for watercolor mabling .It is very soft and thin.�f you want to test it, I can send you some �amua papers from Turkey.

        • susanne martin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
            Hi Iris, I use Rising Stonehenge from Daniel Smith - it may be too heavy for what you want, but I have had consistent good luck with it for about 15 years.SusanneTo: Marbling@yahoogroups.comFrom: irisnevins@...: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:32:22 -0500Subject: Re: [Marbling] Re: Paper survey, once again!

            Thanks Mollie!

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
              Thanks Susanne...
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
                Thanks very much for the offer. I am looking for a paper I can order in bulk, by the thousand preferably in the US. That is very kind of you though and I appreciate it!
                Iris

                  www.marblingpaper<http://www.marblingpaper/>. com<http://www.marbling<http://www.marbling/> paper.com/>