Paper survey, once again!

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
      Having some paper issues once again.... would like to survey... who is using what papers lately for watercolor marbling?

      No need to mention old stock, but current paper. Something that holds color well and can be rinsed.

      By the way, oddly enough, my old stock of Classic Linen from about three years back, that did not work, now works pretty well... so maybe it needs to sit for a few years. If you have any of that or any other paper you bought a ton of, give it another go.

      For now, is anyone using a paper that works immediately? Something preferably sold by the carton, up to 2,000 sheets, 19 X 25, but am interested in any type, even from art stores.

      thanks

    • mollierushing
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
        I just used Dick Blick's White Sulphite Drawing Paper with water
        colors and it worked beautifully. Both the 60lb and the 80lb.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
          Thanks Mollie!
          I just used Dick Blick's White Sulphite Drawing Paper with water
          colors and it worked beautifully. Both the 60lb and the 80lb.

          > Having some paper issues once again.... would like to survey... who
          is using what papers lately for watercolor marbling?

          > No need to mention old stock, but current paper. Something that
          holds color well and can be rinsed.

          > By the way, oddly enough, my old stock of Classic Linen from about
          three years back, that did not work, now works pretty well... so
          maybe it needs to sit for a few years. If you have any of that or any
          other paper you bought a ton of, give it another go.

          > For now, is anyone using a paper that works immediately? Something
          preferably sold by the carton, up to 2,000 sheets, 19 X 25, but am
          interested in any type, even from art stores.

          > thanks
          > Iris Nevins
          > www.marblingpaper.com<http://www.marblingpaper.com/<http://www.marblingpaper.com%3chttp//www.marblingpaper.com/>>

        • bingul sevimli
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
            Hello,
            we get our papers for marbling from Turkey. If you are interested we can send you a sample. let us know if you want a specific color like white,yellow,craft etc.

            Sincerely,

            Bingul Sevimli
            Art Teacher & Ebru Artist

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
              Hello �risnevins
              I think you can use a kind of paper which we called �AMUA.It is very soft and thin.According to me ,it is suitable for watercolor mabling .It is very soft and thin.�f you want to test it, I can send you some �amua papers from Turkey.

            • susanne martin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
                Hi Iris, I use Rising Stonehenge from Daniel Smith - it may be too heavy for what you want, but I have had consistent good luck with it for about 15 years.SusanneTo: Marbling@yahoogroups.comFrom: irisnevins@...: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:32:22 -0500Subject: Re: [Marbling] Re: Paper survey, once again!

                Thanks Mollie!

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
                  Thanks Susanne...
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 19, 2009
                    Thanks very much for the offer. I am looking for a paper I can order in bulk, by the thousand preferably in the US. That is very kind of you though and I appreciate it!
                    Iris

                      www.marblingpaper<http://www.marblingpaper/>. com<http://www.marbling<http://www.marbling/> paper.com/>