Re: Accidental observation

  • Sue Cole

      --Alt-Boundary-22554.131326843
      I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but for research types like me, this
      might be of some help to you.

      Sue Zajac had taught me to mix the tube watercolors in a porcelain bowl.
      That way, you can see how much surfactant is in each one. If they have a lot
      of surfactant, they will climb the sides of the bowl. If they don't have any,
      you might need to add it, but test them first on the gel.

      When I was cleaning up my cups of mixed up acrylic paint and transferring
      them to dropper top bottles (tub of 18 in Michaels Wilton cake decorating
      section), I accidentally dripped some of the paint on the wet surface of my
      stainless steel sink. You could immediately see the difference between the
      pigment and the surfactant of the paints, especially in Golden Fluid�s pthalo
      blue.

      This may or may not answer questions about paints you are having difficulty
      with.
      Sue