Re: [Marbling] website construction and hosting

  • John Ang Cheng Siew
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
      It is not true that a PC can only be used for creating a website.

      There are softwares which are available on the PC as well as for the MAC,
      such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

      > I'm having a terrible time getting good images to come up on my rather
      >pathetic website. My husband is a graphic designer, but working with the
      >templates and small amount of space available on the cheapie sites is really
      >frustrating, especially when showing marbled images. Another problem is that
      >we work on a MAC and most free sites must be constructed from a PC He's
      >confident that Dreamweaver will allow us to create something good, but we'll
      >have to find a good (and reasonable) host. Any suggestions from those of
      you
      >who've done this?
      >
      >Thanks, Diane

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :)

      John Ang Cheng Siew
      My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
    • dkmaurer1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2001
        Hi Sharon, John & Mar,

        Thanks for your response to my questions. We managed to get more space on
        the site by linking to another free site in my name. Although all looked
        crisp when building the page, the Ultimate Marbling Handbook cover looks
        pretty fuzzy when you call up the site. Oh well, you solve one problem and
        create another and, as our mom's always said, you get what you pay for -- we
        are looking into getting a copy of Dreamweaver for MAC and building a larger
        site so I can show my collages and sell marbling supplies and books from the
        web.

        Best,
        Diane