Re:rain water for marbling

  • nihandemiralay
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Rita" <rginger@...> wrote:

      > Rita,
      thank you.you're very kind.
      > Dear Nihande, Jake, Iris, and Sue,
      >
      > Thank you so much for all the useful and very
      > interesting answers.
      > These replies are very valuable and I hope
      > other people will find them useful too.
      >
      > Last week, I ran out of rain water, so
      > I have tried the tap water to mix the carrageenan
      > with and it worked.
      >
      > I've also tried the rainwater for mixing the
      > paints ( acrylic ), but none of them worked, so I bought
      > some distilled water and it did work.
      > >
      > to Jake : I have never seen here
      > marbled ostrich egg myself, but I will keep my
      > eyes open when I go to the craft markets again.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      > All the best and Regards,
      > Rita

    • David Maisterra
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
        Hi Rita:
        You can use rainwater for marbling, but I not recomend use rainwater that come from a zinc-plate made roof, or derivated from a plumber not recovered or painted from inside. Because the anionic ions of the metal "go off" very quickly the solution.

        David Maisterra

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
          Thanks David, I keep your advice in my mind
          before I use rain water.
          Regards, Rita

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "David Maisterra" <contacto@...>