Re:rain water for marbling

  • Rita
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
      Dear Nihande, Jake, Iris, and Sue,

      Thank you so much for all the useful and very
      interesting answers.
      These replies are very valuable and I hope
      other people will find them useful too.

      Last week, I ran out of rain water, so
      I have tried the tap water to mix the carrageenan
      with and it worked.

      I've also tried the rainwater for mixing the
      paints ( acrylic ), but none of them worked, so I bought
      some distilled water and it did work.

      to Jake : I have never seen here
      marbled ostrich egg myself, but I will keep my
      eyes open when I go to the craft markets again.

      Thanks again,
      All the best and Regards,
      Rita
    • nihandemiralay
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Rita" <rginger@...> wrote:

        > Rita,
        thank you.you're very kind.
        > Dear Nihande, Jake, Iris, and Sue,
        >
        > Thank you so much for all the useful and very
        > interesting answers.
        > These replies are very valuable and I hope
        > other people will find them useful too.
        >
        > Last week, I ran out of rain water, so
        > I have tried the tap water to mix the carrageenan
        > with and it worked.
        >
        > I've also tried the rainwater for mixing the
        > paints ( acrylic ), but none of them worked, so I bought
        > some distilled water and it did work.
        > >
        > to Jake : I have never seen here
        > marbled ostrich egg myself, but I will keep my
        > eyes open when I go to the craft markets again.
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > All the best and Regards,
        > Rita

      • David Maisterra
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi Rita:
          You can use rainwater for marbling, but I not recomend use rainwater that come from a zinc-plate made roof, or derivated from a plumber not recovered or painted from inside. Because the anionic ions of the metal "go off" very quickly the solution.

          David Maisterra

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
            Thanks David, I keep your advice in my mind
            before I use rain water.
            Regards, Rita

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "David Maisterra" <contacto@...>