Re: first album

  • Rita
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
      Dear Cesar,

      I am very much a beginner at marbling.
      Most people recommend to alum the paper before
      marbling.
      What did you use instead?
      or using cotton paper allowed you to avoid aluming it?
      or is it the paint?
      do you know any other kind of paper which does not need aluming?
      Thanks in advance,
      Rita
    • Ato Menegazzo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
        Dear Rita,

        Probably is the combination of both, pigments (Guerra paint) and paper (100% cotton). Anyway, if I had used alum then colors would look brighter.
        I had a lot of papers in which colors bleed after making impression.
        The good thing is that I had one step less and it is better for Archival grade.(alum is very acid)
        I usually take a lot of care when I wash the paper, some times I even don´t do it and just hang it and let size to be dropped down when it is hung (I run my risks). Others I let it dry in horizontal position. (then paper will be more rigid)

        Hope it results useful info for you.
        best regards
        César

        > Most people recommend to alum the paper before
        > marbling.
        > What did you use instead?
        > or using cotton paper allowed you to avoid aluming it?
        > or is it the paint?
        > do you know any other kind of paper which does not need
        > aluming?
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Rita

        Yahoo! Cocina
        Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
        http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
      • Rita
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
          Thanks a lot for your reply.
          yes , it is very useful info
          for me.
          I had a look of your papers, I like
          the combination of colors you have used.
          I couldn't open the photos on the yahoo
          website, so it's great you put them
          up on flickr too!

          Kind Regards,