Re: [Marbling] book

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
      I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern is
      the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
      evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
      Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
      also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
      this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
      What do you think?
      Jill
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
        Dear Jill,
        Thanks...good point. If it is not already can this list be placed on the
        Marbling/Suminagashi links page for search engines?

        Thanks again,
        Laura

        >From: "J Dolphin" <jdolphin@...>
        >To: <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [Marbling] book
        >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:50:16 -0500
        >
        >I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern
        >is
        >the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
        >evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
        >Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
        >also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
        >this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
        > What do you think?
        >Jill

      • John Ang Cheng Siew
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
          Dear Laura,

          I have no problem with that too.

          I share the same concern with Jill regarding the URL of the marbling list
          with the recent acquisition of egroups by Yahoo.

          At 08:50 AM 14-02-2001 -0500, you wrote:
          >I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern is
          >the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
          >evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
          >Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
          >also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
          >this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
          > What do you think?
          >Jill

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          :)

          John Ang Cheng Siew
          My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
        • Susanne Krause
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
            It's a Pepin Press book you have, isn't it? Well, that's what Pepin
            van Roojen does: picture books. And he does it lots of topics, in
            surprisingly good quality and at an entirely affordable price,
            considering they are well photographed, well printed on reasonable
            paper and well bound.

            So enjoy the pictures, they are usually well worth looking at, and be
            happy that you found the book for little money. Certainly much cheaper
            than finding all the books you'd need otherwise to see such a number
            of papers!

            Susanne Krause

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com,

            Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

            > I won this book in an auction on e-bay. Thanks goodness I didn't
            > pay much for it. In other words, I'm disappointed with it and just
            > letting people know. It's called "Decorated Paper Designs" and the
            > cover and 30 pages out of 200 have photos of marbled papers.
            > There areno instructions - just photos ofo papers. The res of the
            > book is block printed brocade papers. The only text is an
            > introduction in four languages plus english, although someone else
            > might like it.
            > Sue

          • Sue Cole