Re: marbling solid electric guitar bodies

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2008
      I believe what you are remembering is oil paints thinned with mineral spirits then
      floated on water. They would take better than the acrylics I would think on wood, but
      like Iris said , test different things on some scrap wood first.
      Sue
    • esmalesk
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2008
        Doug,
        Here's a good article on marbling woodturnings that could apply to
        your guitar bodies. We had one of the people in our turning club
        demonstrate this method and it turned out well.

        http://www.mceline-artisan.com/article.html

        ED