first album

  • atomenegazzo
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2008
      Dear All,

      Please find " Buenos Aires Aires Marbling" as my first album in this group. I tried different
      papers:
      100% cotton, howard linen and filare ( from Neenah, ex fox river)
      Magnani Ingres (sort of verge or woove)
      Colors are pigments from Guerra paint, and I did´t use alum. Measure is 21.25" x 25.60"
      Comments will be really appreciated.
      warm regards
      César
    • Rita
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
        Dear Cesar,

        I am very much a beginner at marbling.
        Most people recommend to alum the paper before
        marbling.
        What did you use instead?
        or using cotton paper allowed you to avoid aluming it?
        or is it the paint?
        do you know any other kind of paper which does not need aluming?
        Thanks in advance,
        Rita
      • Ato Menegazzo
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
          Dear Rita,

          Probably is the combination of both, pigments (Guerra paint) and paper (100% cotton). Anyway, if I had used alum then colors would look brighter.
          I had a lot of papers in which colors bleed after making impression.
          The good thing is that I had one step less and it is better for Archival grade.(alum is very acid)
          I usually take a lot of care when I wash the paper, some times I even don´t do it and just hang it and let size to be dropped down when it is hung (I run my risks). Others I let it dry in horizontal position. (then paper will be more rigid)

          Hope it results useful info for you.
          best regards
          César

          > Most people recommend to alum the paper before
          > marbling.
          > What did you use instead?
          > or using cotton paper allowed you to avoid aluming it?
          > or is it the paint?
          > do you know any other kind of paper which does not need
          > aluming?
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Rita

          Yahoo! Cocina
          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
          http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
        • Rita
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
            Thanks a lot for your reply.
            yes , it is very useful info
            for me.
            I had a look of your papers, I like
            the combination of colors you have used.
            I couldn't open the photos on the yahoo
            website, so it's great you put them
            up on flickr too!

            Kind Regards,