Re: Orphan Works Bill...we are all in danger if this passes

  • Del
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4 5:43 AM
      here is a page with updated info on it
      http://orphanworks.blogspot.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4 6:11 AM
        Thanks for the link Del

        think about it... how many times have we seen our papers on a box or a book jacket and called the art dept. of the company and they say.... oh someone must have cut off the stamp on back, how did we know it was yours. They used to get so afraid once you could prove it yours that they'd pay, maybe even pay damages. I can't believe all the times that happened to me, so many in fact I keep a form letter on my computer and just change the names. I also cannot imagine having to pay up to $200 just to have rights to my own work. We made such great progress in the past decades, why would they do this now? Everyone here, whether a professional marbler or not should write to congress, your paper could end up used on who knows what and you won't be paid, but the designer or the art dept. that say, puts together a book jacket or package design using your paper as background WILL be paid, and very well, using YOUR work.