book

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
      Dear Jill, John and Marbling group,

      I have a question for you. Do you like the idea of publishing the group
      e-mail address in a book? I am presently working on a book as part of a
      "how-to series" that will have an introduction to marbling with acrylics, 20
      projects (accessories for the home) and a gallery of professional artists
      who have incorporated marbling into their mediums. Because of the series
      format and targeted distribution the resource list allowed is limited, so
      I'm having to get creative with resource access. Everything is due the
      middle of March.

      What do yall think? Input is appreciated. Jill and John, as hosts, the
      final decision is yours.

      Happy Valentine's Day,
      Laura

    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
        I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern is
        the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
        evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
        Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
        also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
        this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
        What do you think?
        Jill
        > I have a question for you. Do you like the idea of publishing the group
        > e-mail address in a book? I am presently working on a book as part of a
        > "how-to series" that will have an introduction to marbling with acrylics,
        20
        > projects (accessories for the home) and a gallery of professional artists
        > who have incorporated marbling into their mediums. Because of the series
        > format and targeted distribution the resource list allowed is limited, so
        > I'm having to get creative with resource access. Everything is due the
        > middle of March.
        >
        > What do yall think? Input is appreciated. Jill and John, as hosts, the
        > final decision is yours.
        >
        > Happy Valentine's Day,
        > Laura

        > Shortcut URL to this page:

      • Laura Sims
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
          Dear Jill,
          Thanks...good point. If it is not already can this list be placed on the
          Marbling/Suminagashi links page for search engines?

          Thanks again,
          Laura

          >From: "J Dolphin" <jdolphin@...>
          >To: <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [Marbling] book
          >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:50:16 -0500
          >
          >I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern
          >is
          >the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
          >evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
          >Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
          >also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
          >this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
          > What do you think?
          >Jill

        • John Ang Cheng Siew
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2001
            Dear Laura,

            I have no problem with that too.

            I share the same concern with Jill regarding the URL of the marbling list
            with the recent acquisition of egroups by Yahoo.

            At 08:50 AM 14-02-2001 -0500, you wrote:
            >I have absolutely no problem with this........Of reservations--my concern is
            >the instability of the web email groups themselves--the constant
            >evolution---and this list has gone from Onelist to egroups and Now to
            >Yahoo........The only workaround that I can think of at the moment--is to
            >also publish a snail mail address that could direct potential readers to
            >this list, in the event the list is merged and sent elsewhere yet again.
            > What do you think?
            >Jill

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            :)

            John Ang Cheng Siew
            My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
          • Susanne Krause
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29 2:19 AM
              It's a Pepin Press book you have, isn't it? Well, that's what Pepin
              van Roojen does: picture books. And he does it lots of topics, in
              surprisingly good quality and at an entirely affordable price,
              considering they are well photographed, well printed on reasonable
              paper and well bound.

              So enjoy the pictures, they are usually well worth looking at, and be
              happy that you found the book for little money. Certainly much cheaper
              than finding all the books you'd need otherwise to see such a number
              of papers!

              Susanne Krause

              --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com,

              Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

              > I won this book in an auction on e-bay. Thanks goodness I didn't
              > pay much for it. In other words, I'm disappointed with it and just
              > letting people know. It's called "Decorated Paper Designs" and the
              > cover and 30 pages out of 200 have photos of marbled papers.
              > There areno instructions - just photos ofo papers. The res of the
              > book is block printed brocade papers. The only text is an
              > introduction in four languages plus english, although someone else
              > might like it.
              > Sue

            • Sue Cole