Re: Versatex

  • pauliquann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Dr Zayus" <greatgrapefruit@...> wrote:

      > I just heard that Jaquard is discontinuing its line of versatex
      > marbling inks and I'm crushed!! These were, for me, by far the most
      > economical and most permanent inks for marbling fabric!
      >
      > Any fabric marblers have suggestions for a replacement brand?
      >
      > Dr Z
      > trippykitty.com

      Yes: I used to use Jacquard's Marbling Colors but even before they
      discontinued the line (I sometimes found them tempormental) I tried
      Pigment Dyes sold at Dharma Trading and they work great! Now I'm
      hooked! Initially, you'll have to work with them for a little bit to
      get the correct proportion of dye and water and dispersant but once you
      hit the formula, I find them a really great marbling color choice.
      I usually use the 1:4 ratio - 1 part dye to 4 parts water and a drop at
      a time of dispersant. I used to use Versatex dispersant but recently
      swithched to Golden Acrylic Flow Release (I had a bottle on hand and
      decided to give it a whirl). But with this product you must be sure to
      only add a teeny drop. Someitmes I'll add a drop of Versatex if the
      Acrylic Flow Release drop doesn't make the dye flow quite enough but
      usually it's fine. I don't mean to be verbose, but give the Pigment
      Dyes a try. You might like them. Good Luck,
      Paulette