Re: [Marbling] Re: Sinking colors

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
      Its very important that all paints,size ,or anything else involved be the same temperature. All tools clean. all paints,size,alum be fresh or near fresh. And a humidifier going in the room on hot humid days.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hot Humid days are the killer factor for me, if I could I'd close up and stop marbling all summer! the rest of it, much easier to cope with. Somehow running air conditioners and dehumidifiers isn't the same as a cool crisp dry day. That said, I have known a few who LOVED the humidity, swore it made the marbling better!

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
          Re: Hot Humid days are the killer factor for me, if I could I'd close up and stop
          marbling all summer! the rest of it, much easier to cope with. Somehow running air
          conditioners and dehumidifiers isn't the same as a cool crisp dry day. That said, I
          have known a few who LOVED the humidity, swore it made the marbling better!

          That's definitely not the problem here. It's 65 to 75 right now, but we have almost no
          humidity here year round, just a little in the Summer. It rained most of the month of
          July and I was too busy to do anything then, so I hope this weather hold for awhile -
          I'm not looking forward to the snow. The Canadian Geese are already flying out for
          the winter though.
          Sue