Re: Paper exchange update

  • sidestreet@americanisp.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
      >And for those engaged in the paper exchange--what's that up to now?

      The paper exchange is a go. 16 people from around the world have
      signed up and I'm just waiting for the papers to come in. When I have
      everyone's I'll collate them and send them out again. I'll let you
      know how it all worked out when it's all finished.

      Marc
    • elena_silk
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
        Hello,
        i am very new to marbling, in fact i even didn't try it yet, but i do
        silk paintings, and now i am going to try marbling on silk. Is there
        anybody who tried it? Is it possible to achive large areas of solid
        colors and just a few swirls on it? Can drops of colors be very big -
        to cover larger area? Thank you for your help.
        Elena.
      • marblehead@iwon.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
          If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first. Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas in your marbled design for the background to show through.

          ae

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
            Hi, thank you for reply,
            i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
            base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
            the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
            are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
            colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
            thanks everyone for help
            E.

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

            > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
            not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
            painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
            silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
            Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
            in your marbled design for the background to show through.

            > ae

            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
            /group/Marbling/</a><br>
            href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?