Re: [Marbling] Re: Alum [crystal]

  • Marmolados.com.ar
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hi! jaj It´s happens to me a couple of times too, but one crystal was awesome... And I read once that you can make it on purpose taking one little cristal of alum, and hanging up with a thread of cotton or similar into an oversaturated solution of alum (that is called seeding) and this little cristal will grow wired... I never do it this but I gonna make it some day =)

      David Maisterra
      http://www.marmolados.com.ar/

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 11 4:32 PM
        Hi I am new to the group and new to marbling. In fact I haven't done any yet at all. I just mixed some Alum according to the directions which came with it - which was 1 1/4 tsp to 1 cup of water. Then I decided to search on this list and I find amounts up to 2 or 3 TBL. being recommended. What should I start with? I have a variety of papers I planned to experiment with. I am using acrylics.
        Forest
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11 4:38 PM
          Sometimes that amount of alum works. I find you can get away with less sometimes in cold weather. I use a TBS. per cup as do most people.