Re: [Marbling] marbling on fabric

  • John Ang Cheng Siew
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      Just came back from Australia,Melbourne a week ago. I didn't have a chance
      to see any marbling work in Melbourne except at a Sunday Market at St.
      Kilda Beach. A calligraphy stall was there selling its ware. The background
      used was marbled pattern. Unfortunately they were not handmade but printed.

      Did anyone noticed that the marbling list is one year old. The list was
      started on 25 Jan 2000.

      > And I'll take a moment now to ask the list what's new? For John in
      >Sinagapore--how did your research go for marbling over in Oz?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :)

      John Ang Cheng Siew
      My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
    • sidestreet@americanisp.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
        >And for those engaged in the paper exchange--what's that up to now?

        The paper exchange is a go. 16 people from around the world have
        signed up and I'm just waiting for the papers to come in. When I have
        everyone's I'll collate them and send them out again. I'll let you
        know how it all worked out when it's all finished.

        Marc
      • elena_silk
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
          Hello,
          i am very new to marbling, in fact i even didn't try it yet, but i do
          silk paintings, and now i am going to try marbling on silk. Is there
          anybody who tried it? Is it possible to achive large areas of solid
          colors and just a few swirls on it? Can drops of colors be very big -
          to cover larger area? Thank you for your help.
          Elena.
        • marblehead@iwon.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
            If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first. Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas in your marbled design for the background to show through.

            ae

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
              Hi, thank you for reply,
              i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
              base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
              the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
              are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
              colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
              thanks everyone for help
              E.

              --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

              > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
              not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
              painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
              silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
              Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
              in your marbled design for the background to show through.

              > ae

              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
              /group/Marbling/</a><br>
              href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?