Re: Marbling patterns and description

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
      Haytham,

      You will find many links at:

      http://www.marbling.org/internet_links.htm

      There are a number of sites from Turkey listed in both "Professional
      and Practicing Marblers:" and "Educational Links and Tutorials".=, in
      the European sections.

      Also, Rezan Peya Gökçen wrote an English and French language site
      several years ago that you may find helpful:

      http://www.uoguelph.ca/%7Eagokcen/ebruli/

      There is a lot of useful information here. Bear in mind that the
      traditional nomenclature in Turkey is limited when compared to that of
      Europe. Many names, such as those of various flowers, only developed
      in the 20th century with the work of modern masters like Necmeddin
      Okyay.

      Have you been able to visit the AUC library since they moved to the
      new campus?

      Best,

      Jake

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, haytham kamal <senefru1@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > 1) is there any source (Books, websites, articles) explaining the
      classification of marbling patterns (specially old Turkish works).

      > 2) I need to describe in writing many marbling works to be used as
      detailed caption for some marbling photos, If any body has a written
      example of describing a marbling object in any language, in artistic
      or archaeological context, please send it to me