Re: Marbled Paper Exchange

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2008
      Hi Lavinia,

      Marc sent the call out back in February.

      Jake

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "onemarbler" <laviniaa@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Jake,
      > Was the exchange done through this marbling list?! I know there was
      > an exchange several years ago, in which I participated once or twice,
      > but I haven't seen a word about it since.
      >
      > Lavinia
      >
      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd like to take a moment to thank Marc Horvitz for organizing the
      > > last marbled paper exchange.

    • Bette Abdu
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2008
        It was a joy to receive my package from Marc last week. The level of
        expertise exhibited in the 20 samples that I received was fabulous. Like
        Jake, I also appreciated the many participants from outside the US. MarcĀ¹s
        work to prepare our packages was wonderful. The participants provided
        information was printed in a 8.5 x 11 format on a 11 x 17 sheet . This
        was folded and the sample was placed inside the fold. As a relatively new
        marbler I was humbled to be among the participants. This sample set is a
        treasure to me. Thank you Marc for organizing this and to all the
        participants.
        Bette Abdu in New Hampshire, USA

        On 8/22/08 5:36 PM, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@...> wrote:

        > I'd like to take a moment to thank Marc Horvitz for organizing the
        > last marbled paper exchange. It was really nice to see so many
        > styles, methods, and approaches to marbling. I especially appreciated
        > the fact that so many participated from outside of the US.
        >
        > Thanks again, Marc, for putting this together once again!
        >
        > Jake Benson

      • Sue Cole
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2008
          I missed this - will it be happening again?

          My computer has been in the shop for the last two weeks.
          Thanks
          Sue
        • bannerworks@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2008
            Probably not any time soon,at least with me running it. Sorry you missed it.

            Marc

            From: Sue Cole <akartisan@...>