Re: [Marbling] marbling on fabric

  • sewgd
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
      Thanks Carol, I'll check out wild fiber. I'm really enjoying what I doing
      so far and have had pretty good (beginners) luck. Glad to have found this
      group. Pat

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
        Be sure to check out all the past postings. There's a ton of info!
        And I'll take a moment now to ask the list what's new? For John in
        Sinagapore--how did your research go for marbling over in Oz? Besides Iris
        teaching a course, anyone else have some workshops on the go? And for those
        engaged in the paper exchange--what's that up to now?
        Jill
        > Thanks Carol, I'll check out wild fiber. I'm really enjoying what I doing
        > so far and have had pretty good (beginners) luck. Glad to have found this
        > group. Pat

      • John Ang Cheng Siew
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
          Hi everyone,

          Just came back from Australia,Melbourne a week ago. I didn't have a chance
          to see any marbling work in Melbourne except at a Sunday Market at St.
          Kilda Beach. A calligraphy stall was there selling its ware. The background
          used was marbled pattern. Unfortunately they were not handmade but printed.

          Did anyone noticed that the marbling list is one year old. The list was
          started on 25 Jan 2000.

          > And I'll take a moment now to ask the list what's new? For John in
          >Sinagapore--how did your research go for marbling over in Oz?

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          :)

          John Ang Cheng Siew
          My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
        • sidestreet@americanisp.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 12, 2001
            >And for those engaged in the paper exchange--what's that up to now?

            The paper exchange is a go. 16 people from around the world have
            signed up and I'm just waiting for the papers to come in. When I have
            everyone's I'll collate them and send them out again. I'll let you
            know how it all worked out when it's all finished.

            Marc
          • elena_silk
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
              Hello,
              i am very new to marbling, in fact i even didn't try it yet, but i do
              silk paintings, and now i am going to try marbling on silk. Is there
              anybody who tried it? Is it possible to achive large areas of solid
              colors and just a few swirls on it? Can drops of colors be very big -
              to cover larger area? Thank you for your help.
              Elena.
            • marblehead@iwon.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
                If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first. Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas in your marbled design for the background to show through.

                ae

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
                  Hi, thank you for reply,
                  i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
                  base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
                  the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
                  are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
                  colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
                  thanks everyone for help
                  E.

                  --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

                  > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
                  not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
                  painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
                  silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
                  Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
                  in your marbled design for the background to show through.

                  > ae

                  href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
                  /group/Marbling/</a><br>
                  href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?