Re: Another great source of marbled paper images.

  • Renato
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
      Hi John,

      There is no need to login...Load the link you provided in your
      message:
      <http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/?page_id=17> then, in the
      left menu click on 'More Images' then you have two choices: you can
      hit 'Show All' for thousands of images of all kinds of decorative
      papers or you can search for marbled paper on the quick image search
      box on top right for only marbled papers images.

      All the best,
      Renato

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, John Ang <angchengsiew@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Renato,
      >
      > I cannot load the webpage on the tinyurl link.
      > The only place I saw the collection is here:
      >
      > and that only shows a few images unlike the tons of images on your
      link.

      > Maybe its my browser (I am using IE7 and firefox)  or do you need
      to login to the site?

      > John Ang
      >

      > I just found this great collection of marbled and decorated papers
      >
      > hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan Library.
      >
      > The papers are from the Schmoller collection. 827 samples!...
      >
      > featuring images of the whole sheet and zoom ...But the real
      treasure

      > is hidden from the non persevering ones...After page 50, you can
      find

      > papers from Sidney Cockerell, Marie Ange Doizy, Michel Duval,
      Mustafa

      > Duzgunman, Karli Frigge, Don Guyot, Ann Muir, Edward Seymour, Chris
      >
      > Weimann and many others!
      >

      > Enjoy!
      >

      > http://tinyurl. com/6mvu9o
      >

      > Renato Crepaldi.

    • John Ang
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
        Dear Renato,

        I see the images now. Thanks for your help, I was so blind.

        Regards
        John Ang

        There is no need to login...Load the link you provided in your

        message:

        <http://www.specialc ollections. mmu.ac.uk/ ?page_id= 17> then, in the

        left menu click on 'More Images' then you have two choices: you can

        hit 'Show All' for thousands of images of all kinds of decorative

        papers or you can search for marbled paper on the quick image search

        box on top right for only marbled papers images.

        All the best,

        Renato
        __

      • César Menegazzo (h)ADO
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
          Dear friends,

          For those who don`t speak spanish: Please find below three links,

          the first one is "first person" Diego Ranea, a photograph writing
          about art within an International Festival

          Then a photograph auction to get funds for a health organization

          At the last one is about some news written by the manager of a petit
          art library

          Best regards to all from Buenos Aires!

          César

          Queridos amigos:

          Les mando lo último publicado en wussmannblog:

          En nuestra serie de reportajes "En Primera Persona", el fotógrafo
          Diego Ranea, con quien Wussmann adhiere al Festival de la Luz el 15
          de agosto

          http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/primera-persona-diego-
          ranea-y-la-fotografia-abstracta/

          Denise Ratinoff, de Christie´s, rematará en el Malba fotografías
          latinoamericanas, a beneficio de EMA (Esclerosis Múltiple Argentina)

          http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/i%c2%ba-subasta-de-fotografia-
          latinoamericana-en-el-malba/

          Qué tienen en común Picabia, Murakami, Pedro Roth y Benavídez
          Bedoya, según Soledad Ballvé, la librera de Wussmann

          http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/mas-noticias-de-soledad-
          ballve-la-librera-de-wussmann/

          Saludos !