Another great source of marbled paper images.

  • Renato
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      Hi All,

      I just found this great collection of marbled and decorated papers
      hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan Library.
      The papers are from the Schmoller collection. 827 samples!...
      featuring images of the whole sheet and zoom ...But the real treasure
      is hidden from the non persevering ones...After page 50, you can find
      papers from Sidney Cockerell, Marie Ange Doizy, Michel Duval, Mustafa
      Duzgunman, Karli Frigge, Don Guyot, Ann Muir, Edward Seymour, Chris
      Weimann and many others!

      Enjoy!

      http://tinyurl.com/6mvu9o

      Renato Crepaldi.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
        Thanks for the link.... i was surprised to see one of mine there.... one I don't like very much either!! i'd have given them a different one! Oh well!!

        iris nevins
        I just found this great collection of marbled and decorated papers
        hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan Library.
        The papers are from the Schmoller collection. 827 samples!...
        featuring images of the whole sheet and zoom ...But the real treasure
        is hidden from the non persevering ones...After page 50, you can find
        papers from Sidney Cockerell, Marie Ange Doizy, Michel Duval, Mustafa
        Duzgunman, Karli Frigge, Don Guyot, Ann Muir, Edward Seymour, Chris
        Weimann and many others!

        Enjoy!

        http://tinyurl.com/6mvu9o<http://tinyurl.com/6mvu9o>

        Renato Crepaldi.

      • John Ang
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
          Greetings Renato,

          I cannot load the webpage on the tinyurl link.
          The only place I saw the collection is here:
          <http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/?page_id=17>
          and that only shows a few images unlike the tons of images on your link.

          Maybe its my browser (I am using IE7 and firefox)  or do you need to login to the site?

          John Ang

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
            Hi John,

            There is no need to login...Load the link you provided in your
            message:
            <http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/?page_id=17> then, in the
            left menu click on 'More Images' then you have two choices: you can
            hit 'Show All' for thousands of images of all kinds of decorative
            papers or you can search for marbled paper on the quick image search
            box on top right for only marbled papers images.

            All the best,
            Renato

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, John Ang <angchengsiew@...> wrote:

            > Greetings Renato,
            >
            > I cannot load the webpage on the tinyurl link.
            > The only place I saw the collection is here:
            >
            > and that only shows a few images unlike the tons of images on your
            link.

            > Maybe its my browser (I am using IE7 and firefox)  or do you need
            to login to the site?

            > John Ang
            >

            > I just found this great collection of marbled and decorated papers
            >
            > hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan Library.
            >
            > The papers are from the Schmoller collection. 827 samples!...
            >
            > featuring images of the whole sheet and zoom ...But the real
            treasure

            > is hidden from the non persevering ones...After page 50, you can
            find

            > papers from Sidney Cockerell, Marie Ange Doizy, Michel Duval,
            Mustafa

            > Duzgunman, Karli Frigge, Don Guyot, Ann Muir, Edward Seymour, Chris
            >
            > Weimann and many others!
            >

            > Enjoy!
            >

            > http://tinyurl. com/6mvu9o
            >

            > Renato Crepaldi.

          • John Ang
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
              Dear Renato,

              I see the images now. Thanks for your help, I was so blind.

              Regards
              John Ang

              There is no need to login...Load the link you provided in your

              message:

              <http://www.specialc ollections. mmu.ac.uk/ ?page_id= 17> then, in the

              left menu click on 'More Images' then you have two choices: you can

              hit 'Show All' for thousands of images of all kinds of decorative

              papers or you can search for marbled paper on the quick image search

              box on top right for only marbled papers images.

              All the best,

              Renato
              __

            • César Menegazzo (h)ADO
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
                Dear friends,

                For those who don`t speak spanish: Please find below three links,

                the first one is "first person" Diego Ranea, a photograph writing
                about art within an International Festival

                Then a photograph auction to get funds for a health organization

                At the last one is about some news written by the manager of a petit
                art library

                Best regards to all from Buenos Aires!

                César

                Queridos amigos:

                Les mando lo último publicado en wussmannblog:

                En nuestra serie de reportajes "En Primera Persona", el fotógrafo
                Diego Ranea, con quien Wussmann adhiere al Festival de la Luz el 15
                de agosto

                http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/primera-persona-diego-
                ranea-y-la-fotografia-abstracta/

                Denise Ratinoff, de Christie´s, rematará en el Malba fotografías
                latinoamericanas, a beneficio de EMA (Esclerosis Múltiple Argentina)

                http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/i%c2%ba-subasta-de-fotografia-
                latinoamericana-en-el-malba/

                Qué tienen en común Picabia, Murakami, Pedro Roth y Benavídez
                Bedoya, según Soledad Ballvé, la librera de Wussmann

                http://wussmannblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/mas-noticias-de-soledad-
                ballve-la-librera-de-wussmann/

                Saludos !