Great news for my little corner

  • momo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2008
      From August 2 to Sep. 30, 2008, I will be apprenticing with a very
      experienced marbling teacher in Urgup/Neveshir. I try to keep a
      blog/journal of my journey. It will not be all about marbling as this
      area of Turkey is full of 12,000 years of history and I plan to
      discover that in my spare time. The food is also fantastic,
      particularly the eggplants and the cucumbers.

      I have been learning Turkish and hope to be able to communicate with
      my teacher. By the time I get home in mid October, I should be able to
      make a couple of sentences, at least I hope so.

      I plan to return home with some pigments, kitre, brushes, and some
      other small tools. The pigments I will most likely obtain from Ayan
      Ebru in Istanbul, and maybe I'll discover some sources for the other
      stuff.

      Here is a thought, as I become familiar with the lay of the land, I
      will investigate sources of materials; then I will post a list here.

      If anyone is interested in acquiring some supplies, maybe we can
      organize a "group buy". This would be a good time to do it because we
      would share in the International Shipping Cost, although US postage
      would be the responsibility of each buyer.

      Anyway, the group buy is just a thought in case anyone is interested.

      This group is the best one on Yahoo, everyone is generous, everyone is
      kind, and even our most experienced, gifted and talented marblers
      share without malice and harshness. Being in your company is lesson in
      gracious behavior. I will read from afar, although not sure how often,
      Internet Cafe rates can be onerous.

      I will read everyday again after October 16.

      Have a great summer everyone.
      momo
    • C├ęsar Menegazzo (h)ADO
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2008
        Dear All,

        It really sounds great, good luck!

        Let me share that it has been great for me too this group. Not only I
        am learning a lot here, I have also got in touch with one person
        who is moderator of a spanish-speakers-book-binding- yahoo-group and
        we did organize together a some marbling experience with members of
        this groups.

        Here you can see some pictures, it was in Buenos Aires, Argentina

        and some videos

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDbxt7UsLA

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qkGlxaARc

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCqT1Qzf3cY