FW: Obit: Ann Muir

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2008
      This message was forwarded from the Book Arts List:

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2008
        Thanks Jake, I knew she had been very ill, and glad it was peaceful for her at the end. We had some very nice email communications over not just papers, but our lives and things we did other than marbling. She had a certain sensible wisdom about her, her thoughts on life, how she liked to live etc. I will miss not being able to receive and answer the occasional email from her. She was a wonderful marbler, interested in the history and historic patterns too.

        papers she produced by going to her website www.ammarbling.co.uk<http://www.ammarbling.co.uk/>

        All who knew Ann are welcome to attend her funeral. Please contact us
        off-list and you shall have a response when the date is set.

        Graham Moss and Kathy Whalen
        Incline Press
        36 Bow Street
        Oldham OL1 1SJ England
        http://www.inclinepress.com<http://www.inclinepress.com/>

      • Susanne Krause
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2008
          For those who'd like to see how Ann's work graced not just books, here
          is a link:
          http://www.hamburgerbuntpapier.de/en/galerie034_en.html

          The box maker, Charlotte Schaefer, has long since worked with Ann's
          papers (amongst others), and went to see her in her studio in
          Englanseveral times to discuss specialities with her.

          Susanne Krause