Re: Some historical samples of Hatip Mehmed,in Saralart.blogspot.com

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
      Ahmet, Thanks for these images. Can you tell us more about what
      collection they come from? Are they taken from endpapers?
      bookcovers? Pamphlet wrappers? Dimensions? Are any ownership seals or
      inscriptions present? Or were the images cropped so as to remove them?

      One seems similar to an example published by Haemmerle:
      <http://bp2.blogger.com/_53AWxnAQxFg/SHPT_GfZd_I/AAAAAAAAAHk/FzUKTiDF04k/s1600-h/hatip10.jpg>
      Another very similar example is in the collection of the late Nüsret
      Hepgül in the Süleymaniye Library.

      Finally, your writing seems to me to be a kind of historicized
      conjecture, rather than about what Hatip Effendi may have done during
      his life. The only historical account of his life that I am aware of
      was written in Mustakimzade Ibrahim's Tühfe-i Hattatin. Have you used
      other any historical sources?

      Jake Benson

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "ebrucu33" <ebrucu33@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      > Some wonderfull historical samples of great master Hatip Mehmed Efendi
      > were uploaded in www.saralart.blogspot.com. with an article in
      > German and Turkish.
      > You can visit the link below.
      >
      > www.saralart.blogspot.com
      >
      > Best regards

    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
        Sorry, I meant to say the Tühfe-i Hattatin of Süleiman Sadeddin
        Mustakimzade contains the account of Hatip Effendi.

        http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/11938906

        Jake