Re:mc questions

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2008
      I guess I wasn't very clear on why I was writing in. What are the
      pros and cons as far as price and usage for the different sources of
      methyl cellulose. For instance, I won't be using the kind from
      Volcano Arts now except for mixing in with bookbinding glue
      projects.

      I have been getting the blender type carageen from Diane Maurer
      and am very happy with it. I mixed some up and had it in a large jar
      with a lid for a week and a half and it had not spoiled and was still
      useable. I saw a note to add a teaspoon of bleach to it to prevent
      spoilage, so i did that, but only after a week had gone by. There
      doesn't seem to be hardly any smell to it, like I've seen complaints
      about in the books that I have.
      Sue
      Fairbanks, AK