Some historical samples of Hatip Mehmed,in Saralart.blogspot.com

  • ebrucu33
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
      Dear Friends,
      Some wonderfull historical samples of great master Hatip Mehmed Efendi
      were uploaded in www.saralart.blogspot.com. with an article in
      German and Turkish.
      You can visit the link below.

      www.saralart.blogspot.com

      Best regards
    • haytham kamal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
        Thank you ebrucu33 for the interesting photos, I need such historical examples in my work, so please whenever you find some send to us

        thanks again.

      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
          Ahmet, Thanks for these images. Can you tell us more about what
          collection they come from? Are they taken from endpapers?
          bookcovers? Pamphlet wrappers? Dimensions? Are any ownership seals or
          inscriptions present? Or were the images cropped so as to remove them?

          One seems similar to an example published by Haemmerle:
          <http://bp2.blogger.com/_53AWxnAQxFg/SHPT_GfZd_I/AAAAAAAAAHk/FzUKTiDF04k/s1600-h/hatip10.jpg>
          Another very similar example is in the collection of the late Nüsret
          Hepgül in the Süleymaniye Library.

          Finally, your writing seems to me to be a kind of historicized
          conjecture, rather than about what Hatip Effendi may have done during
          his life. The only historical account of his life that I am aware of
          was written in Mustakimzade Ibrahim's Tühfe-i Hattatin. Have you used
          other any historical sources?

          Jake Benson

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "ebrucu33" <ebrucu33@...> wrote:

          > Dear Friends,
          > Some wonderfull historical samples of great master Hatip Mehmed Efendi
          > were uploaded in www.saralart.blogspot.com. with an article in
          > German and Turkish.
          > You can visit the link below.
          >
          > www.saralart.blogspot.com
          >
          > Best regards

        • Jake Benson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
            Sorry, I meant to say the Tühfe-i Hattatin of Süleiman Sadeddin
            Mustakimzade contains the account of Hatip Effendi.

            http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/11938906

            Jake