Re:Corn Starch Video

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
      If you go to www.youtube.com there are several videos of people
      doing stuff like this and more with cornstarch. I forget the scientific
      word for when corstarch gets to this consistency. There's a couple
      where a guy filled a swimming pool with cornstarch and people walk
      around on it. If you stop, though, you will sink. Others are people
      doing sound wave experiments to make it jump around. Just put
      "corn starch science" or even corn starch in the search box at the
      top. You do not have to be a member.

      The first marbling that I did that I taught to a class of senior citizens
      was with liquid starch, which is essentially cornstarch with some
      borax in it and acrylic colors. I had to keep the costs down for this
      class and the papers all came out great and people had a good
      time.

      Now, I'm on to methyl cellulose, which I've had good and bad luck
      with and carageen gum.
      Sue
    • Sue Cole
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
        It's called "non-newtonian fluid" and here is the link to the guys
        walking in a big pool of it:
        <<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XQ97XHjVw>>

        they mixed it in a cement mixer. Some people will do anything when
        they are bored.
        Sue
      • EDICIONES PERIFERIA
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
          Hola! I saw the videos and they are grate! It is possible to do marbling paper marmolado
          with this material?

          I´m from argentina!!!

          thanks!

          Jimena