Corn Starch Video

  • John Goode
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hi
      I always get the question do you marble on corn starch?
      So this made me think of marbling freinds
      http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2008/02/steve_spangler_do_not_try_this.php
      John
    • gretchen vansant
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2008
        wow john that was great!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
          If you go to www.youtube.com there are several videos of people
          doing stuff like this and more with cornstarch. I forget the scientific
          word for when corstarch gets to this consistency. There's a couple
          where a guy filled a swimming pool with cornstarch and people walk
          around on it. If you stop, though, you will sink. Others are people
          doing sound wave experiments to make it jump around. Just put
          "corn starch science" or even corn starch in the search box at the
          top. You do not have to be a member.

          The first marbling that I did that I taught to a class of senior citizens
          was with liquid starch, which is essentially cornstarch with some
          borax in it and acrylic colors. I had to keep the costs down for this
          class and the papers all came out great and people had a good
          time.

          Now, I'm on to methyl cellulose, which I've had good and bad luck
          with and carageen gum.
          Sue
        • Sue Cole
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
            It's called "non-newtonian fluid" and here is the link to the guys
            walking in a big pool of it:
            <<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XQ97XHjVw>>

            they mixed it in a cement mixer. Some people will do anything when
            they are bored.
            Sue
          • EDICIONES PERIFERIA
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
              Hola! I saw the videos and they are grate! It is possible to do marbling paper marmolado
              with this material?

              I´m from argentina!!!

              thanks!

              Jimena