Re: [Marbling] Re: Some advice re: acrylic marbling please

  • John Goode
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2008
      Hello
      You say "I think I'm doing a thorough job skimming with newspaper. So
      I'm doing all I know to be careful."
      This means you are skimming the size with a piece of newsprint?
      If that is so you may be causing roll under where the paint and trash
      alum is pushed into your size. Causing spots and dead zones that will
      not take paint/ ink.
      try laying a sheet of paper over the bath to pick up all the paint and
      layer of carrageenan giving you a fresh canvass to paint on next time.
      Other than that the size was mixed 24 hours in advance? and room temperature is?
      Hope this helps
      John

    • Cindy Leaders
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2008