meeting

  • kurtulus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2008
      hello all my friends

      My name is Kurtulus. I am doing marbling till 2004. I live in
      Istanbul/Turkey and this September i will be in Belgium. I will be
      there in September to February. While i am living there i wanna do
      marbling and i do not know how can i reach needed supplies there. Is
      there any one who lives in Belgium or near countries which is close to
      Antwerpen.
      I am so happy to be the member of this group. All the member share
      their experiences and knowledge. All the member in here is generous.
      Thanks in advance.

      My best wishes...
      Kurtulus
    • Susanne Krause
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2008
        Hi Kurtulus,

        sorry for answering so late, I have been away teaching in Switzerland.

        When you're in belgium, you might want to contact Brigitte Chardome,
        she is the best Belgian paper decorator I know. Her website is
        http://www.geocities.com/bchardome/brigittechardome1/index.htm

        She doesn't marble, but she might know where to find supplies. She is
        of the French people in Belgium, but her English is okay.
        While you're there, you could take a trip to Leiden in The Netherlands
        to visit the Dutch Book Arts Fair in November (Boekkunstbeurs). I
        don't have the date at hand yet, but usually it's a weekend towards
        the end of the month.

        Kind regards,
        Susanne Krause