Re: [Marbling] Re: marbling tank

  • D or Jer Guffey
    Message 1 of 10 , May 20, 2008
      Hi Sue,

      Acrylic paints work just fine with the silk. From the tube squeeze out 1 to 2 inches of paint, then add water to make it the correct consistency for marbling. Test the colors on paper before using on silk. If it works for paper, it will work on silk. Because the paint manufactures are continuously changing their formulas you never know ahead of time which colors will work and which won't. The three brands I've had the most success for are "Liquitex," "Utrecht," and Galen Berry's (which are pre-mixed). You can purchase Galen's from his website: http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/

      Good luck with your scarves,

      d. guffey

      Message 2 of 10 , May 20, 2008
        I mentioned before as well, I have good luck with the cheap stuff from the big craft stores or Walmarts etc. Ceram-Coat is one brand. You need to experiment, Dolores is right, they keep changing stuff on us, but find a good black, white, red, yellow and blue and mix the rest from those. You need to thin just a little if at all, they are not as thick as those in tubes.

        Acrylic paints work just fine with the silk. From the tube squeeze out 1 to 2 inches of paint, then add water to make it the correct consistency for marbling. Test the colors on paper before using on silk. If it works for paper, it will work on silk. Because the paint manufactures are continuously changing their formulas you never know ahead of time which colors will work and which won't. The three brands I've had the most success for are "Liquitex," "Utrecht," and Galen Berry's (which are pre-mixed). You can purchase Galen's from his website: http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/<http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/>

        Good luck with your scarves,

        d. guffey