Re: [Marbling] Re: questions

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 11 , May 16, 2008
      Naw your right I did mean the pastic wordrobe box....But the heavey duty cardboard with plactic insert sounds great. The plastic box sometimes has lips that interfer depending,but I have found one that works... ....:) G

      Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote: thanks, but I was under the impression that she was talking about
      some kind of plastic wardrobe box, since - oh, it just came to me,
      maybe she meant to line the cardboard box with plastic.
      Sue

    • Sue Cole
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 17, 2014
        I live in Fairbanks, AK and we have almost no humidity here.  Not clear on what your question about the alum is.

        I keep the mixed up alum in a jar and the alum crystals in a jar  I always mix the carageenan powderi n a blender just for that purpose.  If you have any food residue in it, it will affect the carageenan.

         I usually let the blended carageenan sit for a few hours or overnight before using it.  After I alum the paper, I keep it in a 2 gallon plastic bag.  The scarves I try to use within one or 2 days after being alumned.

        I would also highly recommend the dvd by Mimi Schleicher, which you get directly from her. http://www.marbling.com/DVD.shtml
        HTH
        Sue