Re: [Marbling] Re: questions

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 16, 2008
      In a message dated 5/16/08 2:17:22 PM, akartisan@... writes:

      > it just came to me,
      > maybe she meant to line the cardboard box with plastic.

      Yup!
      C. <VBG>

    • gretchen vansant
      Message 2 of 11 , May 16, 2008
        Naw your right I did mean the pastic wordrobe box....But the heavey duty cardboard with plactic insert sounds great. The plastic box sometimes has lips that interfer depending,but I have found one that works... ....:) G

        Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote: thanks, but I was under the impression that she was talking about
        some kind of plastic wardrobe box, since - oh, it just came to me,
        maybe she meant to line the cardboard box with plastic.
        Sue

      • Sue Cole
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 17 12:10 AM
            I live in Fairbanks, AK and we have almost no humidity here.  Not clear on what your question about the alum is.

            I keep the mixed up alum in a jar and the alum crystals in a jar  I always mix the carageenan powderi n a blender just for that purpose.  If you have any food residue in it, it will affect the carageenan.

             I usually let the blended carageenan sit for a few hours or overnight before using it.  After I alum the paper, I keep it in a 2 gallon plastic bag.  The scarves I try to use within one or 2 days after being alumned.

            I would also highly recommend the dvd by Mimi Schleicher, which you get directly from her. http://www.marbling.com/DVD.shtml
            HTH
            Sue