album amicourm invitation

  • leech541@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      I'm sending along an e-invitation to the next venue for the Album Amicorum
      show. If your travels take you to New Mexico this summer I hope you can visit
      the exhibit. Best regards,
      tom

      Governor and Mrs. Bill Richardson
      Cordially invite you to
      a reception for the exhibition
      Album Amicorum:
      Gems of Friendship
      THE GOVERNOR’S GALLERY
      Fourth Floor, State Capitol

      Friday, June 6, 2008 4:00 – 6:00 PM
      hosted by the Women’s Board of the
      Museum of New Mexico
      Exhibition continues June 6 – August 31, 2008
      Album Amicorum
      Gems of Friendship
      An exhibition of marbled and decorated paper inspired by the album amicorum.
      Latin for “friendship book,” the album amicorum dates to the sixteenth
      century and is the predecessor of the modern autograph book. The albums are
      composed of papers that scholars collected from colleagues encountered in their
      travels. Inspired by this tradition, master papermaker and marbler Tom Leech
      began this exhibition with a single invitation to an artist colleague in
      Turkey; the invitation then passed between artists, each inviting another across
      an international border. Twenty-one artists living in Europe, Asia,
      Australia, and South and North America are represented in this exhibition which
      features a remarkable range of contemporary papers alongside historic marbled
      papers from the collection of the Palace of the Governors.
      Related Programs:
      June 8
      The Magic of Marbled Papers
      Lecture by Sidney E. Berger, Ph.D., Director, the Phillips Library
      Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
      2:00 PM Museum of International Folk Art Auditorium
      Sponsored by the Palace Press
      For more information contact Tom Leech 505-476-5096
      Paper Marbling demonstrations
      the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays of June and July
      In the courtyard of the Palace of the Governors
      Santa Fe, New Mexico
      The Governor’s Gallery is an outreach of the New Mexico Museum of Art, a
      division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs.
      Gallery hours Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
      All events are free and open to the public

      favorites at AOL Food.