pale shades

  • Susan Pointer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2008
      Hi
      I am a new member, new to marbling, the color wheel, mixing colors..... a true beginner. Things have been going well and I really enjoy it, but last weekend I ran into a problem. I am dying some fabric to make skirts for my grandaughters and pale pink is imperative for 4-5 year old princesses! When I did a weekend marbling course a few months ago the instructor advised us to stay away from using white and black as they were "difficult" .( I am using carragheenan and Golden Fluid Acrylics by the way.) Last weekend I came up with a nice pink by adding a few drops of purple to red and then adding a tiny quantity of white to lighten the color. That sank straight to the bottom. So I made a VERY diluted white and then added drops of the red/purple to that. That didn't sink, but wouldn't spread. Is a flow agent the answer here? I haven't had to use one before, but do have one on order. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
      Susan